So, this past week my roommate's boyfriend has been in the area visiting. Prior to him getting here I was a bit nervous because I've heard from a lot of my friends about how when their roommate's significant other is visiting they get kicked out of their room.
Well, the week started off pretty good. SH and I were cracking up over her plans to troll JR before he got here. She had spent all weekend apologizing for not being able to meet him at the airport when he got in because of class. She ended up taking a bus to the airport to surprise him. We both thought it would be really funny if he texted her while at the airport saying that there was a girl who looked a lot like her.
For the most part the week passed in a rather uneventful manner. Really, the only awkward moments were when JR and I were jsut hanging in my room while SH was in class (I'd be doing hw, he'd be watching youtube videos) and when the two of them were being all adorable and couple-y. Eventually we all got used to each other though.
And as far as getting kicked out of my room, didn't really happen. There were some negotiations though. On Wednesday, while SH was in class, JR asked me if they could have the room to themselves for a few hours. I said that that was fine and ended up hanging out and doing hw for a couple hours with CW and LJ. On Thursday, SH asked me if, since it was going to be JR's last night here, they could have the room to themselves for Friday night. We ended up negotiating times since, while I had no problem going somewhere else for a couple hours, I did want to be able to sleep in my bed. We agreed on a 9-2 time slot. The whole thing was rather amusing for me and just further cemented my thoughts that I have an awesome roommate.
And now for some funny stories from the week:
So, JR fell off the bed. Twice. Not on the same day though. Still, very funny. Especially since after the loud "thump" there came loud giggles from SH and then I started laughing too.
On Thursday, JR just got to listen to SH and me talk about how the other needs to commit suicide so we can get free tuition. "You can just tell how much we like each other." It might have been awkward if we had just started living together, but since it's been a while, SH and I just started laughing. It got even funnier when, the next day, there was an alert about someone getting threatned outside our residence hall. KP felt the need to check in with SH to make sure she hadn't tried to kill me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment