Well, it's V-day. Yay.
I really don't get why people are so into this holiday. I feel like it sends a terrible message of "Oh, if I buy "insert name" flowers and chocolates today, I can get away with being distant and non-romantic every other day of the year". Really people? That is not how you show someone you care. Sure it's fine if you want to do something nice for someone you care about, but don't limit it to a holiday created to sell more flowers.
Another thing, V-day doesn't just have to be about mushy romance nonsense. Family and friends can be celebrated on this day. That's how I do it, nice dinner and chocolate covered strawberries with the family.
Here is a link to a video that I really like and is way closer to how I think V-day should be thought of than just couples doing couple-y things together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vSAr0Go-EI&feature=feedu
End of rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment