Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prom + Nerd

So, last night was Prom. And it was actually a lot of fun.

There were a few mishaps in getting to prom, like when I missed my turn so I pulled into a parking lot to turn around but then couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot...

I danced quite a bit and made a fool of myself in the process. But then again, so did everyone else. The music in the dance room was REALLY loud so breaks from dancing were done outside so we didn't end up completely deaf.

AO, AW, HB and basically everyone looked very nice. EL, RG and I were the dapper ones though.

There was a bar of sorts set up for drinks and it kind of confused me. The drink options were fake alcoholic beverages, Cosmopolitans, Dark N Stormy's...but without alcohol. I'm really curious as to what they were making them out of. I didn't ask though so I'll probably never find out. I ended up getting a Shirley Temple cause I'm awesome like that and cherries are delicious.

-Nerd Alert-

Today, I slept in and when I got up and went looking for the episode of Doctor Who I'd missed because of Prom. I found it, watched it and loved it. It is definitely one of my favorite episodes of all time. And I can;t talk about it because none of my friends have seen it. You guys need to catch up.

The episode was called "The Doctor's Wife" which might seem like a spoiler but it really wasn't. I had a few guesses as to who the Doctor's missus might be but I was way off. And I have to say, having seen the episode, the Doctor is such a married man. Seriously. Here's a quote for you: "You're like a 9 year old building a motorbike in his bedroom. And you never read the instructions." "You're not my mother!"

Anyway, it was really clever, sweet, funny and well done. So many funny quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment