Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family

So, I just got home from a really great weekend spent with family. Even though I didn't know most of the people at the wedding it was still tons of fun because I got to hang out with the cousins I don't get to see very often. It wasn't even all that bad that I had to wear a dress.

So, my parents and I drove out to the where the wedding was going to be Friday afternoon. It was a several hour drive (that I mostly slept through). When we arrived at the rehearsal dinner I hung out with AD and AF4. I almost didn't recognize AD because of his new buzz cut. The 3 of us spent most of the evening having some good cousin hang out time. When AD and I left with our grandparents for the night we ending up staying up till 1 playing Blokus and watching Burn Notice. Grandpa, grandma and I kinda teamed up on AD. He got super cocky after the first game and thought he was gonna beat us all. He didn't.

The next day, AD, AF4 and I hung out for a couple hours before the wedding. Mostly we just hung around the park talking since it was pretty warm out. We all almost had heart attacks though. The park we were all staying at had some kind of animal theme. There were giant (as in human sized or bigger) animal statues everywhere. When the three of us were hanging around the grassy area leaning against trees AD happened to look up and started yelling all of a sudden, then AF4 and I looked and we were all freaking out until we realized that the cougar hiding in the tree (though it looked very lifelike) was fake. AF4 had to leave early so AD and I spent the rest of our free time doing dangerous bike maneuvers on our grandparent's bikes. For a dude who thinks he pretty "gangsta" AD sure liked riding our grandmas 3 wheel bike covered in flowers. He's a pretty cool dude.

Then it came time to get ready and leave for the wedding. It was a pretty nice ceremony though people were pretty worried when it started raining. It stopped in time though. I'm really happy for the new 3M family, MB, MB and MB haha.

AD and I stayed up pretty late again, this time we watched The Mentalist. It was pretty good.

And today AD, the F boys and I helped clean up after the wedding. Then we went back to the park for a BBQ. My parents and I had to leave early in order to get home. And now I'm home.

I think the first order of business now that I'm home is to find time to see Harry Potter 7 pt. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment