So, some people get pop quizes, I get pop surgeries.
This morning my mom told me I was going to go in for a check up on my gum graft that I got this past summer. I got to the doctor's office and the nurse started putting a numbing ointment on my gum. I thought it was a bit odd so I asked what I was getting done today. The nurse replied that I was getting the muscle in my mouth, that was pulling at the gum that got grafted, cut. My inner response was something along the lines of a gaping mouth and copious "wha?". My outer response was a surprised "Oh."
So basically I went in expecting a check up and left with a numb face, bloody mouth and looking forward to 2 weeks of soft foods.
Luckily the day wasn't all bad. I ended up spending the rest of the day with AW and that always makes me feel better. We watched a whole bunch of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, helped my mom make banana cream tarts and she made sure I iced my face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment