Friday, December 24, 2010

Worst Christmas Eve.

Why is is that whenever I make a post I always seem to be complaining about something? *sigh*

Day started off fine. I slept in, put ornaments on the tree and listened to Ministry of Magic (MoM). And then the sucky-ness started.

I had another one of my heart episodes. Don't know if I've mentioned this before but I'm unusually prone toward pre-syncopatic responses. Basically, my heart thinks I'm gonna faint (when I'm not) so it tries to prevent this by speeding up my heart rate among other things. But since I'm not fainting it makes me feel like I'm gonna faint. It sucks.

So I had one of my episodes, and usually they only last around 5-10 minutes. I usually get a drink of water and lie on my back until my heart rate goes back to normal. Except this time it lasted around 40 minutes. About 20 minutes in I started thinking it was pretty weird. Then I started feeling like I was gonna throw up. Then my chest started hurting when breathed. That's when mom started getting worried and called our neighbor (who is a nurse) over. She asked me some questions , took my heart rate and told my mom to take me to the doctor's right away.

Than I spent the next couple hours at the doctor's getting an EKG, chest x-rays and getting blood drawn. The EKG and x-rays weren't bad at all. The blood drawing was TERRIBLE. Apparently it's kind of a bad idea to draw blood from someone when they have a rapid heart rate, especially when that person is already really bad with getting their blood drawn. Long story short, I just about passed out, and then I threw up, a couple times. And just like when I got my first epipen, my mom was the one freaking out when I turned sheet white and keeled over (different reaction before the epipen, according to my mom I was turning blue).

After the doctor's, mom got me ice cream and we watched a movie.

And that's how I spent my Christmas Eve. I really hope tomorrow is better.

1 comment: