Okay, so my parents and I have been road tripping to drop me off at college. So far, 2 things have stood out the most for me.
One was two days ago when we visited Devil's Tower. It was really cool. The fun part was climbing up part of it with my dad. We had to stop after a while because we hadn't filled out forms though.
The other really cool part was yesterday when we took a tour of the Jewel cave. It was really fun, even though there weren't any jewels. Turns out the guys who discovered the cave saw sparkly stuff, thought they were rich and it turned out to just be brittle crystals. So they charged admission for tours instead. Anyway, the tour was really cool. The guide gave us all lanterns (my dad and I definitely recited the Green Lantern oath when we got ours). We started out in a relatively big room that's called "Purgatory". From there you can take two paths, "Heaven" or "Hell". I think the two guys were fans of Dante.
We started out on the Hell route but a couple people *coughcough*my mom*coughcough* thought it was to hard. So we backtracked and went on the Heaven route. It was still super cool. When we got to the current end of Heaven the guide had us turn off all of our lanterns so we could experience total darkness. It was really awesome. Every so often the guide would flash his lighter creating a sudden flash of light. This was cool until I realized that the flashes of light and the shapes in the wall made the cave feel an awful lot like the cave in "The time of angels" Doctor Who episode. Then I got a bit freaked out. It was still an amazing experience though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment