So, this past weekend was Family Weekend here at Purdue. So my parents came up! It was really nice to see them. We basically hung out from Friday night thru Sunday early afternoon. It was really cool because when my parents dropped me off in August, my dad was showing us around and this time I was the one showing them around the places I hang out. And I introduced my mom to Pappy's, which is basically one of the best places ever (Red Cream soda float FTW).
Saturday was the football game and even though students are technically supposed to sit in the student section, there were some free seats by where my parents were sitting so I snick over there during half time. The game was pretty sad. We pounded the other team into the dust. The final score was something like 60-0. My mom felt really bad for the other team because they didn't have any cheerleaders. We ended up leaving the game 10 minutes early so we could get ahead of the traffic and go shopping.
So, after the game my parents and I headed over to Target to get stuff. My mom thought I needed a chair in my room so I'm not just sitting at my desk all the time, so now I have a comfy chair ('We have no need for comfy chairs.' 'I got him so say "comfy chairs".') Also, I got a nerf gun at target. I'm pretty excited since this is for Humans vs. Zombies. I don't know how long I'll last but I figure I have a couple years to build up my available weaponry. My mom also got me a bunch of food at Target. She got me a whole bunch of shapes instant mac and cheese. It was pretty funny because the shapes (the better kind) was cheaper than the normal boring mac and cheese. When we were done at Target we went out to dinner, went back to my parent's hotel and watched Doctor Who, then went back to my room.
My mom had to go to the bathroom and I had to escort her around my hall so I stuck my dad in my room so my RA wouldn't think there was a creeper hanging around the floor. My mom was worried that my roommate would walk in and see a strange man in her room though. My dad was really helping since when we came back in he was sitting in the corner where we couldn't see him and said "Hello" in a creepy voice. Then we ordered my new laptop. I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS. You have no idea.
And then I spent most of Sunday studying because this week is going to be crazy. I'm kinda freaking out because I have 2 exams and a presenation, but I also have Humans vs. Zombies and my new laptop to look forward to. Oh, and I also have to catch up on DW and watch the new episode of Castle since it will be airing while I'm taking one of my exams (boo.).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment