Friday, September 30, 2011

Excellent day

Today was seriously one of the best days I've ever had.

It started out with actually getting a fair amount of sleep. Although, by the time I woke up this morning I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for my first class. This was fine because it basically takes me no time to get ready.

Then I got to my first class of the day, speech. And we spent the entire class eating chocolate chip cookies that our teacher made and reading little kid books. It felt like 1st grade.

My last class of the day was chemistry lecture. This is usually pretty fun because our professor LOVES doing experiments. Today was especially funny because we were talking about an energy graph and she compared the different stages to dating. It was a bit ridiculous but still hilarious.

After chem I headed back to my dorm. I had gotten an email telling me that I had a package to pick up so I picked that up before heading up to my room. My mom had sent me a package. Now I was kind of expecting this since I had asked her to send me a Halloween costume. But what I wasn't expecting was all the other stuff she stuck in the box with it. Seriously, I have the best mom ever. She sent me a little light up plastic pumpkin, a little skeleton that I hung under my bed, a whole bunch of peanut butter popcorn balls (oh my god, these things are the best thing ever! I gave one to my roomie and she about died.), a bag of caramel filled chocolates and skeleton hand napkins. BEST CARE PACKAGE EVER. And my roomie got a package too so we were both laughing and showing each other what we got.

And then, afterwards, I headed down the hall to watch movies with CW. We watched Labyrinth and Let Me In. Towards the end of LMI, CW's roommate, LJ, came in and watched the rest with us. And then LJ and I had a lightsaber battle and a maniacal laughter contest.

Today was a good day. Unfortunately I have to spend my weekend studying for engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment