Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 9

So today was kinda eventful in an uneventful way.

I had to get up at 7 even though I didn't have school because I was going to work with my dad. I basically woke up very confused to my blaring alarm, stumbled off my bed and into the kitchen where I had some cereal. It was way too similar to school.

...

Had to rush up to my room to change and grab my bag full of entertainment for the day (aka homework, Nintendo ds, laptop and Edgar Allan Poe book) because my dad takes the bus to work and we had to get to the station (really? I think of trains when I think of stations).

My dad and I just barely missed the bus but luckily another one was due to arrive in about 10 minutes, so we sat and waited. The bus ride was fairly uneventful, my dad had to pay bus fare for me since he has a badge thing and I don't. The bus let us off just outside my dad's office and we stopped for Starbucks before heading in, he got coffee, I got apple cider (I HATE Coffee, and Starbucks hot chocolate because it tastes like coffee).

As we were walking into the building my dad, having just used his company ID on the scanner to open the door, warned me that I needed to get an identification thing so the SWAT team didn't come after me. The ID that I got was basically a piece of sticky paper with my name on it...My dad showed me to an empty office where I deposited my stuff and hung arund for a couple hours doing homework and reading Poe while my dad did his work.

Pretty close to noon my dad stuck his head through the doorway and said it was time for lunch. He had asked his boss if it was okay for me to come to the company lunch, we hoped his boss and coworkers wouldn't think I was a spy or something (we had some laughs imagining how ridiculous this would be). I got the okay and my dad and I got our sandwiches while he introduced me to people. I was really surprised by how many people remembered me from the company thing last summer for the families. My dad said it was probably because there were so few teenagers and even fewer well behaved ones (personally, I remember being the only teenager).

Lunch was alright, lots of talking that made no sense to me, I'd have been a rubbish spy. My dad and I spent most of the time snickering everytime the same guy interrupted the speaker with some comment.

After lunch, another few hours of hanging around doing homework and studying for the ACT I'm taking tomorrow morning. Then my dad pops his head in the doorway again and says we;re taking a break and getting frozen yogurt. We go down to Uwajimaya to get our yogurt from this little asian lady and besides being very good, the yogurt was pretty! I mean seriously. I got rasberry chocolate yogurt with blackberries and each blackberry was individually picked up in the little tongs and placed on the yogurt. I'm kinda embarrassed of Americans and their "lets cram stuff onto *insert food*" now.

About an hour later we were back on a bus heading home.

Now I need to go to bed so I can wake up at 6 tomorrow morning because my dad wants me to be completely awake for my test. Oh and my best friends and lots of other cool people are at HYC without me. FAIL.


Weird moment of the day: Realizing that my dad was really nice and pleasant to people today. I mean sure, he's a nice guy when he wants to be and I think he's pretty great, but he was chatting with the Starbucks lady, introduced me to the bus driver and was smiling at people. This from the man most of my friends, when they first meet him, ask if he was ever in the military and who one of my best friends has dubbed a badass. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment